IP address pointing to cloudflare

Hello, I’m needing some answers. When I check my website it says my websites IP address’s points to cloudflares IP address’s instead of my dreamhost original IP’s. Is this normal? Do I want it to point to cloudflares? I have been messaging Dreamhost customer service about some other issues on Cloudflare and they are adamant that my IP address’s should point to my original dreamhost IPs. Is this true? Should I have my IPs point to my original server (dreamhost)? I do have the orange cloud proxy on in Cloudflare. However it keeps giving me an error of “no DS record of host name” .
It won’t allow me to make a dns record of “A” “@“ and my “original IP” .
What are your thoughts on how I should proceed?

It is expected that it will show Cloudflare IPs, read more.
Given the DS record error, I would disable DNSSEC then re-enable it

If you are using Cloudflare to provide security and performance benefits, yes this is normal.

What issues specifically?

Not sure what ‘it’ is in this context. Is this in the Cloudflare dashboard? If so, what is the specific error you receive when you try?

1 Like

Dnssec is not enabled.

When I proxy my website with Cloudflare the following errors show in the diagnostic center of Cloudflare. 1.) “Check DS record configuration
Does the hostname have a DS record? Does this record use the Cloudflare algorithm?
Error
Description
not_found_ds_record
The hostname has no DS records.”

2.) “Check the HTTPS status
Does the site respond with a succesful HTTPS status?
Error
Description
No, your request failed with a response status of 400 or above.”

3.) " Check if redirecting unencrypted HTTP traffic works
Does the website redirect unencrypted traffic from HTTP to HTTPS?
no_redirect_to_https
No, the website doesn’t redirect HTTP traffic to HTTP."
4.) "response_non_200
The site’s web server responded with a status code that isn’t 200 (OK). "
Regarding these issues always use https is on, I don’t use dnssec nor is it enabled, when I turn off proxy on Cloudflare these errors go away and say there is no issues expect for the ds record.

it is Cloudflare DNS when trying to add that record it says error that record already exists which it doesn’t.

It does. An @ record is translated to the root domain (e.g. example.com). You can delete or edit the existing root DNS record.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.