"Invalid SSl Certificate"

Hello,
This is my first post…hopefully it’s an easy fix. My website PEC dot com isn’t resolving. “It says invalid ssl certificate” quickly then I think tries to load from cdm.

We had an SSL but didn’t renew it opting to use the universal one through CF. I’ve disabled on cPanel.

Hosting company says “Please remove any Cloudflare redirect to “https” because it will try to redirect to SSL and it will not work.”

Any help would be appreciated.

Invigor

Yes, I can see an error:

*  subjectAltName does not match pec.com
* SSL: no alternative certificate subject name matches target host name 'pec.com'

SSL is set to Full (Strict) on the SSL/TLS app of your Cloudflare dashboard and your origin certificate has an incorrect name. You can set to Full and we’ll ignore the incorrect name error, but a better option is to get ssl working properly on the origin and then set Cloudflare to the Full (strict) setting.

Hi Cloonan
I didn’t renew the SSL at the hosting company. I think the universal one with Cloudflare is sufficient for us.
I changed the SSL to Full on the SSL/TLS app, but it still doesn’t resolve. Do you see anything else wrong?

THANKS

You still need SSL at the hosting company so you have end-to-end encryption:

3 Likes

Hey there so when you say “You still need SSL” is it mandatory? I can’t just set to “Full” and be up and running? Why isn’t it resolving??

“Full” requires some sort of certificate at your web host. “Full” just lets you use a broken certificate there, whereas “Full (Strict)” requires a valid certificate.

Will your web host let you install your own certificate? Cloudflare can create an Origin Certificate for free:

2 Likes

Got someone on Upwork to take care of it. Thanks

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.