Internal webserver, Publish using SSL to external website

Hello,

I’m a newbie when it comes to anything regarding a website.

I have an internal website, site:port such as application:8145, I want to get this internal website to be accessible to the web. Is there any help article for this? I’ve looked to no avail.

Essentially, I want to buy the SSL wildcard then route it within our cloudflare account to the external website.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

You can tell Cloudflare that your origin is on port 8145 using origin rules…

Using Cloudflare SSL in front of an origin server that does not have SSL is not recommended these days. You should ensure your origin uses SSL itself otherwise connections are not secure end-to-end. Get SSL working on your origin first, make sure your Cloudflare SSL/TLS setting is set to “Full (strict)” so you have the most secure option in place. You can then proxy your site through Cloudflare.

Thank you for the reply.
I’ll start on this and report back!

I really appreciate it!!!

Do you have a recommended way of getting an SSL for the origin(internal server)?
I’ve been trying openSSL, but its not cooperating.

Cloudflare can generate an SSL Cert for your origin server:

Thank you!!! I’m going to do this right now.

1 Like

So the certificate generated by Cloudflare is not a CSR, it’s just a ---- begin certificate — and —end certificate----

What caused that? It’s causing my DC to not accept it.

Cloudflare origin certificates are trusted only by Cloudflare so require the use of the proxy, see…

If you need free a certificate from a trusted CA, use LetsEncrypt.

You should have gotten a certificate and private key:

1. Copy the signed Origin Certificate and Private Key into separate files. For security reasons, you cannot see the Private Key after you exit this screen.

Some servers may also require the Root Cert, which is available here:

https://developers.cloudflare.com/ssl/origin-configuration/origin-ca/#cloudflare-origin-ca-root-certificate

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.