Intermittent Domain Access Issues - Seeking Advice

Hello Cloudflare Community,

I’m encountering an unusual issue with my domain and seeking some insights or advice from the community. My domain, which is configured through Cloudflare, occasionally becomes accessible via its direct IP address instead of the domain name. This issue seems intermittent and not consistent.

Here’s what I’ve checked so far:

• My DNS settings in Cloudflare appear to be correctly configured.
  • No significant changes have been made in my Cloudflare settings that could have led to this issue.

I’m wondering if anyone here has experienced a similar issue or could provide any insights into what might be causing this and how to resolve it. Could this be related to specific Cloudflare features or settings that I might need to adjust?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

From what I can tell, it always resolves to the proxies (see destination IP), but it uses different hostnames.

For starters I would clarify what this table actually means and how it is compiled. So far this does not suggest any DNS issuees.

You can certainly also check your audit log - https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/audit-log - and whether something might toggle the proxy status, but I’d rather doubt it.

1 Like

This is simple a network monitor log of how the application communicates in the background. Where we see an IP, our firewall blocks the communication, so those packets are lost because only the domain is allowed (allowlist).

So this is a client log? Your client will then for some reason connect with the IP address instead of the hostname. Either there is some issue with the client or it performs some additional checks, but such a request will never reach your server anyhow.

Yep, it’s client log, when we use.

This not a DNS issue then, but something you need to check in your client application I am afraid.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.