Installation & Enabling SSL on AWS in Orocommerce/Symfony

dash-crypto

Hello,

I have a website whose Domain Names are Registered with Godaddy, Is hosted on AWS/EC2 Instance and is built on Symfony.

I have setup a free SSL certificate from CloudFlare, I followed the process on installing cloudflare in a youtube video - but that was for wordpress. So I was not able to figure out the backend configurations.

Kindly let me know how can i configure the backend to install and enable the SSL certificate - please note, I need clear code to know what exactly to do.

If you’re using an Elastic Load Balancer or Application Load Balancer, you can generate a free certificate for your domain in the AWS Certificate Manager and then set up the load balancer to use this certificate’s ARN.

If you’re running apache or nginx, you can use letsencrypt to get a valid certificate.

If you’re using pure symfony, you’ll need to use one of the solutions above to get SSL. Using the framework directly to serve requests isn’t optimal and they don’t build in encryption support since the framework server is only meant for development purposes.

1 Like