Information for DNS in case of removal

Good evening Cloudflare team. The fact is that now I have a great time with you, I would like to know so if in the future I want one of my domains from your servers and return with the previous host. Here is a solution without causing damage. Just remove the domain from my account? Thank you

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Are you referring to transfer out a domain which is currently at Cloudflare Registrar to some other registrar?

If so, from the docs:

the nameservers are pointed at you. I already have another hosting. I intended, in the hypothetical future, to return to the nameservers of my primary hosting. Thank You

Your domain name is using Cloudflare nameserver, all right.

You can change them back to “old” at your domain registrar in anytime you want → only if you have the access to control and manage your domain name.

Otherwise, if the domain name is registered at Cloudflare Registrar, unfortunately, currently you cannot change the nameservers if you use Cloudflare as a domain registrar. Currently, Cloudflare Registrar only lets you use Cloudflare name servers. If you want to use external name servers, you’d have to transfer your domain registration to a different registrar:

You would lose some benefits like optimizations and security, etc.

Achievable by following below steps:

1. Change the domain nameservers at your domain registrar and wait for the proper DNS propagation process which might take up to 24hours (or longer sometimes)
  2. After 3-4 days you can remove your domain name from your Cloudflare Account → once Cloudflare detected the nameservers are no longer pointing to Cloudflare, you will get an e-mail notice about this and after a few days even the domain will be automatically removed from your Cloudflare Account (in case if you do not remove it manually)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.