Incomplete setup, Missing A records etc

I’m relatively new to Cloudflare, I’ve only setup one account last year so I’m a little foggy as to why this new account I set up has no records… I have followed all the procedures including changing the Nameservers at the domain registrar to the cloudflare servers and when I go to the DNS page of this account it’s completely blank and I get this :

#### A few more steps are required to complete your setup.

Add an A, AAAA, or CNAME record for www so that www.mydomain.com will resolve.

Add an A, AAAA, or CNAME record for your root domain so that mydomain.com will resolve.

Add an MX record for your root domain so that mail can reach @ mydomain.com addresses.

Should I delete and start again in the hopes Cloudflare will fetch the records this time?
I don’t remember having to manually enter ALL the records one by one.
Anyone have any insight into this ?
Thanks

It’s unlikely that repeating the process will help. If your host can’t export your records, then you’ll have to enter them manually.

Oh so it is my hosting company who has to give me the records to enter? I chatted with them and they told me that " if they gave me the A records etc… then I wouldn’t really be using their CDN, and that I should ask cloudflare to set them up for me"

Already you have helped me more …

1 Like

If you’re keeping the same DNS records you can find the DNS records of any domain with this tool from Google:

Dig (DNS lookup) (googleapps.com)

I just did a transfer this morning from one CF account to another with tips from sdayman on this forum…and surprisingly, CF automatically imported all my existing DNS records…don’t know if it’s a new feature

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.