Incomplete DNS records

I’m missing an important DNS record.

I also need to fix this error, but I’m not that knowledgeable in DNS records:

Some of your DNS only records are exposing IPs that are proxied through Cloudflare. Make sure to proxy all A, AAAA, and CNAME records pointing to proxied records to avoid exposing your origin IP.

The message you quoted isn’t a missing DNS record. It’s just the message you get if you host non-website services (eg. Mail) on the same server as your website. You’d have to make that IP address public for those services to work.

Thanks, how do I make the IP Address public so that mail works? When I transferred the DNS records over from GoDaddy could that have switched off? I’m not even sure whether those emails were working before transfer.

Click on the DNS record to Edit, then click on the :orange: to switch it to :grey:, then Save.

As for the missing important DNS record, hopefully you know what it is, or can get it from your host. Then Add it here:

1 Like

Would you mind let us know your domain, we will be able to pull out some info from it. You can use a few tools to check for your mail related https://mxtoolbox.com/ It can query a MX record and make sure the IP it resolve aren’t cloudflare ip but your IP(for mail to work). Then you can click on the “SMTP Test” button on that tool it will let you know if you mail server is working correctly

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.