Impossible to update Nameservers

Hi. I have a domain registered with Cloudflare and I can’t adjust nameservers as suggested, because it is not possible to do so with domains registered at Cloudflare. What to do? Thanks.

1 Like

If you’re using Cloudflare Registrar, you can only use Cloudflare’s nameservers. If you need to use a third party’s nameservers, you would need to transfer your domain to another registrar.

Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

The problem is that I have transferred domain to Cloudflare which also had dns settings and nameservers set on another Cloudflare account. Now it has two sets of nameservers, new ones and old ones, and I can’t do anything to delete old ones.

I’m not too sure I follow what you mean by that - do you have a screenshot of where you’re seeing two sets of nameservers?

1 Like

Yes. Here it is.

Who are your domains registered with, is it Cloudflare Registrar or another provider?

Cloudflare

That’s a very interesting scenario then - there’s nothing in the dashboard to change the nameservers of a Cloudflare Registrar owned domain since it should do it all on it’s own so if it’s in that state then it’s pretty stuck.

What do you see if you run whois yourdomain.tld? Feel free to remove your domain name from the output.

1 Like

That’s spot-on, here is the output

Name Server: adam.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: byron.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: eleanor.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: katja.ns.cloudflare.com

I will escalate this for our Registrar colleagues to see

3 Likes

I have the same issue!

1 Like

Hello,

I can check your account and can see that the domain transfer is now complete and you can safely ignore the Name Server changes. Please confirm you see the same message on your dashboard.

1 Like

Sorry, but I don’t see any message in my Dashboard, and it’s still marked as pending. Inside domain settings, the message still says that I have to login with domain registrar and change nameservers, so no changes there.
CaptureCloudflarePending

Hi there udrugaboonika,

I was able to check the message on your dashboard at this time, so you are clear to proceed:

Please let us know if you have any further questions or issues!

Best regards.

OK, thanks for your time. I will try to set it up tomorrow. Cheers!

1 Like

OK, still no luck here. Now I can’t even access the page with DNS settings, although it is visible on the Buy (Manage) Domains workspace. Also, it is not listed under Websites.

Image 2

Image 3

I am trying to stay calm about this, things happen, I know, but I had a web store on that website where I was selling my products. It’s really frustrating explaining to customers why they can’t order anything online. Not to mention the cost of not being able to make $.

What is the name of the domain that is causing issues? I still only see the 6 you shared earlier

ah, I see the issue and will add some notes to the escalated post