iMessage not Showing Site Details Properly - Help!

Hi there, I’m really hoping someone can help me!

I purchased my domain through BlueHost, created a website through Kajabi, and updated all social seo sharing to be named one thing. When shared on facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc - it updates to what the naming convention of the website is. BUT, on imessage, it shows as something different (only the last two words of my naming convention). Has someone run into this issue before? I’m dealing with Apple, Kajabi, BlueHost, and CloudFare and everyone is blaming someone else. I just want the website to have the right naming convention when shared on iMessage (as it’s shown across all other platforms when shared).

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Hello,

Please tell us your domain if you feel comfortable to make it public.

Not a problem! Thank you for offering to help.

It’s: weightlossforgogetters.com.

It’s meant to show up as “Weight Loss for Go-Getters: The Program” which is does when shared everywhere except iMessage. It just shows up as “The Program” on iMessage.

Thank you so much, again!

@DotMrCode any advice here? Thank you in advance!!

Interesting :smiley:

Does iMessage has got some debug/scraper tool like Facebook Share Debugger Tool?

I suppose it has to be due to Open Graph meta tags just like Facebook deos.

Have you checked here?:

Moreover, which character set are you using at your Website? If using UTF-8, it should work.

Could you please re-check and make sure you have the following meta tags at your webpage:

<html dir="ltr" lang="en" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns# fb: http://ogp.me/ns/fb#">
    <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title>Your Webpage title here</title>
    <meta property="og:title" content='YOUR_WEBPAGE_TITLE'>
    <meta property="og:site_name" content='WEBSITE_NAME'>
    <meta property="og:url" content="YOUR_WEBPAGE_URL">
    <meta property="og:description" content='YOUR_WEBPAGE_DESCRIPTION'>
    <meta property="og:image" content="YOUR_WEBPAGE_IMAGE_URL">
    <meta property="og:image:secure_url" content="YOUR_WEBPAGE_IMAGE_URL">
    <meta property="og:image:type" content="image/jpeg"> <!-- recommend type -->
    <meta property="og:image:alt" content='YOUR_WEBPAGE_DESC_OR_ALT_OF_IMAGE'>
    <meta property="og:image:width" content="1200"> <!-- recommend size -->
    <meta property="og:image:height" content="675"> <!-- recommend size -->
    <meta property="og:type" content="website">
    <meta property="og:locale" content="en_US">
    </head>

Due to the fact if some of already shared links (being cached or an older version of your website or link to a webpage), re-check and add the upper OpenGraph tags.
Patiently wait for a few hours and see again.
Either, try to debug and use Facebook OpenGraph Tool to fetch new data (if it has some kind of relevance due to the usage of the same OG tags).

Can you please share with us a screenshot of an example?

@fritexvz you are so kind, I’m going to try all of the above right now. I’m on support with Kajabi (the site where my website is built so hopefully they can help me out as I’m not a coder).

Here are screenshots:

If the description is the thing, can you write better one than “weight-loss-for-go-getters-the-program”?

Or if the name is “truncated”, it could be due to some character count/limit, just as Google has for title (approx. 70 characters before being added dots to the end) or descriptiopn (same thing, just 150 characters).

There is also a posibillity of og:title vs og:site_name - if the iMessages app uses the og:title, then I believe you cannot change a lot (only try adding the full title like “webpage - sitename” to both og:title and og:site-name).

I truly believe this is not being an issue neither of Kajabi, Bluehost nor Cloudflare :slight_smile:

@fritexvz OH MY GOOD LORD YOU ARE A GENIUS, it was just too long!!! I changed it and it was updated immediately. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

1 Like

@jackie.cherkas I am glad you made it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.