IMAP over SSL Not Working After Setting Up Cloudflare Nameservers

I recently changed my nameservers from my ISP to Cloudflare’s. I’ve added some A records, CNAME, SPF and MX records. Website is reachable. I can send and receive domain emails using IMAP over SSL/TLS in Outlook. I cannot using the iphone. I’m not sure if there are other things that I need to set up in Cloudflare for that to work.

May I suggest checking below article if your e-mail records (usually the A mail and the MX record) are configured properly while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name:

1 Like

I only have one MX record on my ISP’s end.
Name: protekdevices.com
Type: ‘MX
Record: protekdevices.com
Priority: 0

For Cloudflare I have set up
Type: MX
Name: protekdevices.com
Content: protekdevices.com
Proxy Status: DNS Only
TTL: Auto

The link @fritex posted should get you pointed in the right direction. You should not use the apex domain for mail connections. It should be an unproxied mail.protekdevices.com hostname for your mail server.

1 Like

Why does my ISP have their MX record setup that way?

I don’t know. I’m not your ISP. Maybe because it’s just easier that way. It should be segmented out.

If I upgrade from Pro to Business, will support walk me through the setup? This isn’t in my wheelhouse.

Not likely. This sounds like onboarding, which is what Enterprise plans get.

Ask your ISP if you can use mail.protekdevices.com for mail. If they refuse, then you can not proxy protekdevices.com. Then just make sure your website is set for www.protekdevices.com, and proxy your www record, then all will work.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.