Image Resizing does not work

Hi,

i switched to Cloudflare Pro and activated Resize Images and Polish but i still have two image related warnings:

Am i missing something?

Cheers,
Philipp

Maybe i should add the url :stuck_out_tongue:

https://whitebeardleather.com/

Polish is active on your site. It doesn’t necessarily convert everything to webp; it only does so if there would be a performance gain from it. Your PNG images are being converted to webp. Your JPEGs are not, which means that Cloudflare’s system thinks it would be slower to do that than to serve JPEG. Your JPEGs are being optimized, they just aren’t being converted to webp.

Image Resizing isn’t automatic. You need to use special URLs to specify the target size, which will require changing your HTML to take advantage of this service.

Hi i40west,

thanks a lot for the comment. I followed the documentation here:
https://developers.cloudflare.com/images/image-resizing/resize-with-workers/

Ended up copying the example worker but as i am rather new to stuff like that, is there any good video tutorial on that topic as i am at the moment not confident enough to make adjustments there.

Cheers,
Philipp

Basically to use Image Resizing, the image URLs need to change. With Wordpress there are a couple of ways to do it. There is a Wordpress plugin, which apparently doesn’t cover every use case but might work for you. Or, you can use Workers, as you were reading about.

For Workers, I’d suggest reading this post which is by the same guy who made the Wordpress plugin. He has a ready-to-go Worker solution as well.

I’ve never used either of the above methods personally.

I don’t know about video tutorials. I don’t mean that there aren’t any, just that I don’t know.

Wow, thanks a lot for your effort. Looks good, appreciate your time

Cheers,
Philipp

So the resizing works, a little odd that the resized MB is bigger then the original size and i am experiencing the issue that all icons are getting removed then

Has somebody had the same issue and knows where this comes from?

Cheers,
Philipp