Image Optimisation

Hello,

We have enabled Polish settings (lossless) for Images but most of the images serves in the jpg and png format. It affects the Google page Speed.

Please help.

I am not sure what your question is.

We have enabled Polish settings (lossless) for Images for our website. However images format is still in jpg and png format. It affects the Google page Speed. Screenshot attached for your reference.

Why should they be in anything else? Did you enable WebP?

Yes, We have enabled WebP.

And you are testing it in Chrome? Also, keep in mind WebP is only served if the file is actually smaller than the original. CF Polish not serving all images as webp covers the same topic.

Thanks for your reply.

you are testing it in Chrome?

Yes.
keep in mind WebP is only served if the file is actually smaller than the original.
We have compressed the images before uploading to the web server. Is there any size limit for serving WebP?

I’m not sure if this will help, but in my case I purged the cache after enabling Polish/Mirage and they were being polished properly after that. You could also check the cf-polished header on the images to make sure it’s working.

We purged the cache after enabled Polish/Mirage. But its not working. Please check the screenshot.

Isnt that status self-explanatory?

Sorry, I do not understand!

The image does not get converted as there is no need to do so.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.