I'm getting Error 525 Ray ID: 6f96a0f009dc2aba • 2022-04-09 22:20:12 UTC SSL handshake failed

First, I’m very new to Cloudflare. Second, I’m not sure how to word my issue but I’m going to try. Please bear with me.

I’m using IONOS and am self hosting my website using Cloudflare. I just started getting Error 525. I called IONOS and they said that I need a private key. They told me that I needed to get their SSL Starter Wildcard for $70/yr. I have activated the private key however, I have no clue on what to do next. I’ve searched with no results. Unfortunately, IONOS has been of no help. This community seems good, which I’m thankful for. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks

My website is www.michaelsheaphoto.com

if you selfhosting your website and you have access to the server try to create SSL from letsencrypt for free or another option is to create a one from Cloudflare itself

I created one from Cloudflare itself…I think. I went to SSL/TLS in the Cloudflare Dashboard. Then went into Edge Certificates, then Order Advanced Certificates. Choose Let’s Encrypt and now it’s pending validation. Did I do it correctly?

I am afraid you picked the wrong SSL screen, you need to get the certificate from https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls/origin and then install it on your server.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.