I have a strange behaviour.
I have a domain, where I had SSL certificate installed just before switching to CF.
The certificate was issued with use of Letsencrypt and it is still valid for almost 3 months for the domain itself, as well as domain with www prefix.
And now comes the magic:
- when I open https://domain.com/ - everything works as charm
- when I open https://www.domain.com/ - fails.
And I don’t even get the 525 SSL error - what I get is just internal Chrome message (I translated it to english, don’t know how it exactly sounds in english Chrome):
This website does not provide safe connection
Server www.domain.com is using unsupported protocol.
Just to be clear:
- both addressess are on the same IP address
- both addressess are using exactly the same SSL certificate (in fact, it is a single nginx vhost entry)
- in CloudFlare DNS settings, both domain and www.domain have the same IP address set.
No matter how I configure Cloudflare SSL connection (flexible, full, strict) - nothing changes.
The only way to get www.domain.com working is by disabling CF Proxy - what is definitely not what I would want.
Any ideas? Or should I do something insane, like removing this domain from my account and set it up again?