I'm facing error 520

the 520 error is due to cloud flare dns and it appears that my site (host) did not receive the dns correctly and came down, does anyone know how to solve this 520 error?

You could be affected by this:

1 Like

That issue has been resolved.

If you are still receiving 520s, they are likely caused by an issue on your origin server. Please follow the guidance in the #CommunityTip and Support Center.

1 Like

That’s not true. The issue hasn’t been fully solved. You can still see a lot of people reporting 520 that started in the last couple of weeks. This hasn’t been resolved for my site either. I already contacted the host and they said there’s nothing in the logs that would cause 520 errors.

My ticket number is: 2235581

1 Like

As far as I am aware it is true. What I can see is people reporting 520s, yes. I have already escalated this multiple times and the original issue has been looked into and resolved.

The continuing errors have also been looked at and attributed to different causes, none of which form a pattern suggesting a Cloudflare issue.

If you are still having issues, these should be addressed with your host. You are, of course, welcome to submit a ticket about them if your plan level includes that.

1 Like

What am I supposed to do if both sides are saying the issue is not on their end? I tried opening a ticket via Cloudflare as well, but it’s closed automatically saying that I should seek help on the Community Forums, and if that doesn’t help, ask for help with your ticket.

Are you able to look into my ticket, please? Any additional information about the 520 errors on my site would be great (e.g. a full list of URLs that return 520, data centers, etc.), For example, I’ve noticed that Top Requests shown for 520 errors always show pages with /feed/ at the end, not sure why…

1 Like

No, I don’t work for Cloudflare and only support can do that. On the free plan it’s generally up to you to follow the documentation and troubleshoot it yourself. There’s not a lot the community can offer with things like 520s other than the list of possible causes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @contato34 and @marketpro65,

Due to the number of 520s being reported in similar circumstances, we are escalating the issue to Cloudflare Support. The original incident should have been resolved and your issue may well be unrelated.

We recommend checking these troubleshooting tips, if you haven’t already.

If you have been through these thoroughly and are not seeing corresponding issues on your network/server and you have a ticket number with Cloudflare, please reply and post that #.

To enable efficient troubleshooting by support, please ensure you include the following on the ticket:

• example URL(s) where you are seeing the error
  • Ray IDs from the 520 pages
  • output from a traceroute from any impacted user
  • output of example.com/cdn-cgi/trace - replace example.com with the affected domain.
  • Also include two HAR file(s) : one detailing your request with Cloudflare enabled on your website and the other with Cloudflare temporarily disabled - see How do I temporarily deactivate Cloudflare ?
1 Like