I'm curious, what happens if a worker gets flagged for phishing or malware?

So I’m curious, what happens if a worker gets flagged for phishing or malware without a root domain? Does Cloudflare just ignore any requests or do they actually suspend the worker? And I’m only asking this question cause I’m curious!

There’s a Cloudflare screen which states it has been suspended for malicious purposes. I believe there’s a screenshot somewhere on this forum.

This Cloudflare “error” screen is displayed on the user’s workers.dev subdomain and any mapped path.

Edit:
Found a banned Worker:

5 Likes

I have 2 additional questions

1. Do I receive an email if my worker is flagged for pinshing and/or malware
  2. Will my Cloudflare account be suspended for a worker flagged for phishing or malware or will I be given a chance to correct the issue?

Whether a Terms of Use violation results in the account being suspending depends on the severity. Though I’m pretty sure phishing and malware is very much a “no no” thing.

Also, the Terms of Use make no guarantee that you’ll be notified:

We may at our sole discretion suspend or terminate your access to the Websites and/or Online Services at any time, with or without notice for any reason or no reason at all.

In any case, it is irrelevant as long as you follow the rules :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.