If we use Shopify, do we still need Cloudflare Nameserver?

Here is the quick background. We had an IT guy who set up a Cloudflare account to run the Prestashop-based website and it was under a hosting company. Now we use Shopify to run our shop, and we use G Suite for emails etc. The IT guy left and I just don’t know what to do about it. Well, theoretically I don’t need Cloudflare anymore but Nameserver is with Cloudflare.

My questions:

• If I remove the domain from Cloudflare, do I need to change the Nameserver on a registrar (GoDaddy), or no need to do anything?
  • I see that Cloudflare now has an integration with Shopify, but is there really a significant advantage in using this service?

It is strange but we started to get billed 50 USD a month this year and this is how I realized that the service is no longer free, and want to evaluate what to do.

Sorry about stupid questions but I really have no idea and just want to clean up the mess and things I don’t understand.

Thank you in advance!

Yes. This is the way to do it. I’m not sure how your bill is $50/month, as no plan costs that much. But check your account details for Billing->Subscriptions, and then cancel those services.

I believe this is Shopify using Cloudflare by default, so you won’t need your own Cloudflare plan.

Thank you! yeah we contacted the domain registrar support and changed the nameserver to theirs. the issue is resolved. no, the billing came from Media Temple for some reason!

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.