.IE Domain nameservers do you still require a zone in advance

Looking to move my DNS from my Irish registrar to Cloudflare. Am all set and all I now have to do is change the nameservers to cloudflare. The post below shows issues someone had with moving .ie domain DNS

The post says that it’s necessary to get the domain zone created on Cloudflare in advance on of changing the nameservers on the registrars. Is this still the case. See below where a poster finally got the bottom of transferring .IE Domains after major headaches!!! Here is the post…

Regarding .ie domains …the reason you get a non authoritative message showing up when you try to update with cloudflare nameservers for .ie domains (even when the nameservers are set up correctly) is because the nameserver is in a shared space and for .ie registrar to accept it, it needs to be zoned.

With other registrars .com etc this is not a requirement. Each name server with cloudflare does eventually get zoned (usually a few weeks after set up). However in the case of the .ie register this has to be done before the initial change can be made. So to resolve the non authoritative issue (in relation to .ie registrations) you can so one of two things

i) Wait until cloudflare eventually get around to zoning the nameservers (usually a few weeks)

or

ii) Send email to cloudflare requesting they zone the nameservers. Below is a sample email you can send to cloudflare .

Without a Zone, there’s nothing to work from. If .ie needs configured name servers, you’d have to create your zone here, then contact Support for the next step.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.