iCloud Adding Mail "Something went wrong"

What is the name of the domain?

guel.cloud

What is the error message?

Something went wrong

What is the issue you’re encountering

i got a domain (guel.local) from Cloudflare from Apple iCloud Service. i setup a mail adress [email protected] on my iphone. i setup a secound email adress ([email protected]) for a test. The test was fine so i delete [email protected] on my iphone and try to setup the same procedure on an other iphone. During setup the mail adress i got the message “something went wrong”. I think the adress [email protected] is somehow blocked in Cloudflare because it is in use anyway. How to delete that adress in Cloudflare backend so get my setup done?

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Delete the adress [email protected] from my iPhone (Settings, iCloud, iCloud, iCloud Mail, Own email Domain, guel.cloud, manage email adresses, own e-mail adresses delete the [email protected] adress)

What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

Try to add the adress [email protected] from my iPhone (Settings, iCloud, iCloud, iCloud Mail, Own email Domain, sdd [email protected] adress)

You used three different domains in your post: guel.local, guel.cloud and guel.com. Are you making the same mistake while adding the email address to your iPhone?

In any case, the email accounts are part of the email service, which is provided by Apple iCloud. Cloudflare does not control individual email accounts, and cannot block them.

Please get in touch with Apple support for help with this: https://support.apple.com/

Good luck!

1 Like

You are right. I mean guel.cloud the .com was an autocorrect and .local was a mistake.

I will open an apple support ticket

1 Like