I Upgraded my hosting sever, and i got a new IP address, How do i change it on Cloudflare to point to the new one?

Please help out, i just got a new Ip from my hosting company, now i want to add it up to change the one i have on cloudflare… How do i do that please?

Any positive reply will is highly welcomed.

You open your DNS settings in the control panel and replace the old IP address with the new one.

I have done that, and it shows this message below:

An A, AAAA, CNAME, or MX record is pointed to your origin server exposing your origin IP address.

Your records are not proxied through Cloudflare. The question is if you want that.

Please check out https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/categories/200275218

I appreciate your help on this resource guide. But what do i do to make this thing work well…

Because i move from vps sever to Dedicated host in my hosting company, now i was given a new IP.

So now, i’ve changed it on Cloudflare, and it is showing me that message.

Read the manual? :wink:

That message was most likely there before. These are two different things though. One is updating the IP address, the other is deciding if you wish to have your site proxied or not.

Again, please check out Cloudflare’s documentation. It is important for you to know what you are configuring.

I appreciate @sandro… I will get back to you once i fix it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.