I try to add a CNAME for target.clickfunnels.com

So, I have to websiedes… registered here on cloudflare… And both are supposed to be linked to clickfunnels. But it says that a record alreaddy exist when I try to link the second one…
Anyone who understands what I mean, and can help`?

Hi @aslak.simonsen,

It means that you already have DNS records for the same hostname that have the same name, so would conflict if you added another. Check down the list of records for any A, AAAA or CNAME records with the same name as the one you are adding.

Hey, Domjh, thanks for answer.
So heres what I dont understand. I have two domain websites, registered on Cloudflare. On the first one that I registered - I am able to add the CNAME, to clickfunnels… but with the second, I cannot do it? Do I need to delete my first website? - Ive seen I have no other record with target.clickfunnels.com on it.
thank you so much for your responses.

lør. 9. jan. 2021 kl. 18:09 skrev domjh via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]>:

No, it’s not related to your other website at all. Nor is is necessarily related to another clickfunnels record, just any record with the same name.

Can you post a screenshot of all your DNS records on the domain?

lør. 9. jan. 2021 kl. 18:55 skrev domjh via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]>:

You’ll need to delete that “A” record with the IP address. That should be your CNAME that points to the “target” hostname.

Just to be sure, can you post a screenshot of the other Clickfunnels site’s DNS records?

1 Like

on this account I can for some reason add clickfunnels as target

lør. 9. jan. 2021 kl. 19:27 skrev sdayman via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]>:

You can because you don’t already have an A record there. You need to remove that on the other account like @sdayman recommended.

1 Like

Thanks for your response and help btw.
So here, I have deleted the A - record… But I still cant add the record with CNAME to target.clickfunnels.com
I just get that error message as before. shall I delete the two other records there also?

lør. 9. jan. 2021 kl. 20:01 skrev domjh via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]>:

Not for ‘www’. Type a @ instead. It’s a shortcut for the domain name without the www.

Okay, I deletet the www. one… and now it worked… But does that mean that it allreaddy was targeting to clickfunnels?

lør. 9. jan. 2021 kl. 23:17 skrev sdayman via Cloudflare Community <[email protected]>:

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.