I think cloudflare has a serious problem

If we use cloudflare to resolve our domain name, we have hidden the IP, but if someone adds our domain name to his account, he can clearly know what our IP address is.

That is incorrect. If your site is active on cloudflare and someone opts to + Add a site the IP address is a cloudflare IP, not the origin IP.

If you do see your origin IP when attempting to add your site to another account, that means in the active account the DNS record named @ or the name of your site is not proxied :grey:, click edit and proxy the record :orange: to ensure the origin IP is not shared.

There still may be public history showing the origin IP, best to ensure the origin only accepts requests from cloudflare IPs to ensure it’s not attacked directly by bypassing cloudflare.

If we use cloudflare to resolve our domain name, we have hidden the IP, but if someone adds our domain name to his account, he can clearly know what our IP address is.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.