I rollbacked from CloudFlare setup due to SSL or domain issue

Today I purchased CloudFlare pro (or platinum) in order to prevent any DDOS attacks and improve access performance for my site.

After setting up CloudFlare for my site, it din’t work. Instead, there’s an error message as like unsupported SSL protocol something like that. And the technical support in my hosting provider suggested to contact CloudFlare technical support since it seems to be SSL issue with CloudFlare.

Then, I rolled back to my original hosting provider’s nameservers. And currently, my site polled back from CloudFlare.

CloudFlare seems to be not easy and not stable to use. The actual behavior or result seems to be different from what CloudFlare insists, such as easy and quick setup and start. Actually, I almost spend whole day , and the result is, polled back from CloudFlare.

Any thought? I felt there might be many the same cases already occurred by others.

So, any thought?

Without the domain name, or a way to investigate the errors, there’s not much we can suggest, other than millions of domains use Cloudflare without issue.

If you’d like to give it another try, let us know when the site is back on Cloudflare so we can help you resolve this issue.

1 Like

Hi Sdayman,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I can try again. But my concern is my site downtime since my site is a production site and my business clients can get a certain level of business damage. So, I want to know how much downtime should I consider to resolve this issue.

In addition, I have a question. My site is wordpress based, so do I have something to do for enabling CloudFlare without having any problems or concerns?

Thanks

2020년 3월 30일 (월) 오전 8:27, sdayman via Cloudflare Community [email protected]님이 작성:

If your WordPress site is already working properly with HTTPS, then it can seamlessly transition to Cloudflare using default settings.

On rare occasions, TLS certificate issuance can take “too long.” In which case it’s pretty easy to restart the process from the bottom of the Edge Certificates section of SSL/TLS by clicking “Disable Universal SSL”, wait 5 minutes, then click it again to Enable.

Thanks for your quick response. I just replaced the nameservers again with CloudFlare. Then, do I have to wait for 1 or 2 days while my site is down?

And can you also please let me know where I look at for following your mentioning, as “… it’s pretty easy to restart the process from the bottom of the Edge Certificates section of SSL/TLS by clicking “Disable Universal SSL”, wait 5 minutes, then click it again to Enable.”

Thanks

2020년 3월 30일 (월) 오전 10:06, sdayman via Cloudflare Community [email protected]님이 작성:

In addition, my domain is hanooring.com

2020년 3월 30일 (월) 오전 10:06, sdayman via Cloudflare Community [email protected]님이 작성:

It’s at the bottom of this page:

Hi Sdayman,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I found it:-) BTW I have several questions with SSL & HTTPS.

My CloudFlare plan is CloudFlare pro (or I think Platinum) and I know that it supports SSL. But just in case that I disable universal SSL, what that means for my site? I want my site to be based on SSL.

In addition, I found one of the options in the SSL/TLS page is “Always Use of HTTPS”. The current value is off. However, as I mention above, I want my site to be based on always HTTPS. So, can I just change the option to “on”?

Thanks

2020년 3월 30일 (월) 오전 10:31, sdayman via Cloudflare Community [email protected]님이 작성:

All plans come with SSL certificates, but if you disable Universal SSL, Cloudflare will only provide an HTTP connection.

When I have SSL working, I always enable “Always Use HTTPS” and the “Automatic HTTPS Rewrites” options.

Then, I can’t use the option with “Disable Universal SSL” since I have to use HTTPS. Anyway, the propagation for my site (www.hanooring.com) seems to be completed. However, it still does not work. I tested with various machines. Failed. My tablet gave me the following error message:

"This site can’t provide a secure connection

www.hanooring.com uses an unsupported protocol"

And when I looked at teh Edge Certificates page, the status for my domain as “Pending Validation”. I sit OK?

In addition, I tested with GT metrix, the error is as follows:

"

Analysis Error

An error occurred fetching the page: HTTPS error: SSL connect attempt failed error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

There may be a connectivity issue between your server and the GTmetrix test server. Try testing from another test location or try again later.

Please see our FAQ on how to fix this error."

2020년 3월 30일 (월) 오전 11:09, sdayman via Cloudflare Community [email protected]님이 작성:

Right, which is you need to Disable Universal, wait 5 minutes, then click Enable to restart the process. The process should be fast, and usually is.

Now it works. I can access to my site. BTW why it’s so slow. Even compared to before, it’s really slow. I expected it would be really faster than before. Actually, it’s even slower than before.

Thanks

2020년 3월 30일 (월) 오전 11:51, sdayman via Cloudflare Community [email protected]님이 작성:

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.