I purchased hosting from Hostgator, let me know how to connect that. with my Cloudflare domain

I purchased hosting from Hostgator, let me know how to connect that. with my Cloudflare domain.

Did you follow Overview · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs?

I presume you already have the domain on Cloudflare. If so, you just need to update the DNS entries on Cloudflare with those provided by your host. Before you do that, make sure your site is properly configured for HTTPS however. If you are not sure, verify that with your host.

Thanks for the reply, Sandro. Yes, I purchase a new domain in Cloudflare and a new hosting in Hostgator. Can you please help me with the steps to connect and live the site?

In the Cloudflare DNS section, it’s asking for name and IP address, but in HostGator, I get DNS name only.

You need to configure the correct DNS entries on Cloudflare.

As I mentioned earlier, you need to talk to your host to get them.

What’s the domain and can you post a screenshot of the setup instructions you received from them?

In the Cloudflare DNS section, it’s asking for name and IP address, but in HostGator, I get DNS name only.

hostgator dns

sns7.hostgator.in
sns8.hostgator.in

All right, that’s a blank setup.

Let’s start with your encryption mode. What’s that configured for?

Seems you have added the IP address.

Just make sure you have Full Strict selected as encryption mode and your Cloudflare configuration should be all right.

yes, I contact Hostgator they provide a few entries for DNS, input it, and its works. I change the SSL to full strict mode. Thanks, Sandro.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.