I need to know if I need to change my MX etc records on Cloudflare

dns
wordpress

I need to know if my websites are doing okay on Cloudflare. My website rainbowriting.com is on the $20 per month hosting plan. It’s also hosted over at Wordpress.org and Inmotion, which is dual hosting, which is acceptable. I don’t know if that website is hosted or what on Cloudflare. I thought it was some extra protection against certain hacker types.

I am “hosting” my website for free on Cloudflare ghost-writer-book.com also. It is being hosted as a blog over at Wordpress.com and I’m trying to get it on the same two website hosting Inmotion plan. The one I just purchased over at Inmotion in order to dual host at Inmotion Hosting and also on Wordpress.com. The site is a blog, not a website.

Anyway, I’m having trouble figuring out which DNS nameservers to change, and where. Also, I need to know if the MX records for email are okay on rainbowriting.com and ghost-writer-book.com on Cloudflare. I feel kind of like I’m hosting at too many places. But both my websites, the website and the blog site, are functioning and doing well under keywords on search engines. Also, the reason for the crazy spacing is something to do with my machine. It stopped suddenly, I don’t know what is going on there. It comes and goes on my laptop notebook, which is a Dell, and for some odd reason I keep getting two spaces where there should be only one.

Well, that is not you guys’ issue. Anyway, I had to explain it.

Karen

Hi there,

So what I can tell is that both domains (rainbowriting.com and ghost-writer-book.com) are being served by Cloudflare. Both domains also have MX records being served by Cloudflare, but they are different records for each.

MX records are related to where you should be receiving email for each of those domains. If you do not use either domain for email, they are not necessary (but also not harmful). If you do and are receiving email for those domains as expected, then your records are correct.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I am receiving email at the one domain I need to be receiving it from,
rainbowriting.com through Inmotion. All appears to be well.

Bout it on that. I just wonder why people keep saying I can’t have dual
hosting. When I already have it. Hosting through Wordpress.org and
Inmotion. It is expensive, admittedly, also hosting through Cloudflare at
$20 a month for the rainbowriting.com Wordpress.org website. It seems like
I have three hosting companies for one website. Do you suppose it slows
anything down, like maybe it’s increasing my page load time or interfering
with something?

Karen Cole - GWI has 250+ s
Executive Director
Ghost Writer, Inc. | Rainbow Writing, Inc. | 2017

[Redacted by staff for privacy]

Click our business links:
www.rainbowriting.com https://rainbowriting.com/ghostwriting-services/ -
Main website
www.hirebookghostwriter.blogspot.com - Blogger site

It’s fine to mix and match services for your domain(s). DNS will direct users to the most efficient path for whichever service (website or email) they request.

For example, I have a website that uses Wordpress, and it has a subdomain that uses Nextcloud, and Email that’s hosted elsewhere. All of it uses Cloudflare DNS, which directs my Wordpress and Nextcloud to the proper server using Cloudflare protection and performance, and mail to a different sever.

Only need email for the rainbowriting.com domain. So far, anyway. Don’t
have enough money for anything else, really…

Karen Cole - GWI has 250+ s
Executive Director
Ghost Writer, Inc. | Rainbow Writing, Inc. | 2017

*425.205.9707 *West Coast Time - Seattle, weekday mornings and evenings
best. Text or leave a message anytime, usually we reply within one or two
business days. DO NOT OPEN ANY ATTACHMENTS OR CLICK ON ANY LINKS NOT
MENTIONED IN THIS EMAIL!

Click our business links:
www.rainbowriting.com https://rainbowriting.com/ghostwriting-services/ -
Main website
www.hirebookghostwriter.blogspot.com - Blogger site

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.