I need to change several dns at once.

Hello,

I have a doubt: I have 54 sites using Cloudflare dns. I’m switching the server and I need to change all dns records for all 54 sites. Do I need to change one by one, or is it possible to change all dns records at once?

Thanks=)

You could maybe use the API but getting it figured out and set up might take longer than just doing it manually

You might future-proof by switching to CNAMEs. I almost never have multiple DNS records pointing to the same IP, I just have one and then I CNAME all the others to it. So the IP can be easily changed in just one place in the future.

Cloudflare has a couple advantages over others when it comes to CNAMEs, first, they fully support CNAMEs at the apex domain using CNAME flatting (nobody will be able to tell if it’s a CNAME even if it’s grey-clouded), also, any CNAME that’s orange-clouded will be impossible for end-users to tell that it’s a CNAME, so if you had privacy concerns about cross-domain CNAMEs maybe that’ll make you feel better.

Great tip about cname, thanks a lot!
With Cloudflare the works easier:)

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.