I need to change my nameservers to point at my namecheap hoasting

how do I change my servernames to dns1.namecheaphosting. com and dns2.namecheaphosting. com

Did you buy your domain from Cloudflare?

yes i did

I cant get my cloudflare domain to point to my namecheap server. I already created an “A” that has @ and the IP address for namecheap, but its still pointing at my old 000webhost server and not my new namecheap webpage. how do I fix it?

First, you can’t change your nameservers if you bought the domain from Cloudflare.

Creating an A record with name @ and your Namecheap IP is the correct way to go.

its been a day and half since I created the “A” and still nothing

I cant get my cloudflare domain to point to my namecheap server. I already created an “A” that has @ and the IP address for namecheap, but its still pointing at my old 000webhost server and not my new namecheap webpage. how do I fix it?

What does “nothing” mean? What is your domain, and what is your Namecheap server IP.?

rebeltechnologies. us
198.54.116.189 is what namecheap told me to put in it

It looks like you have configure either a Page or Redirect Rule in Cloudflare. Please check here and disable it: https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/rules

1 Like

it shows one is “pending nameserver update” and a 2nd showing active. both are rebeltechnologies. us

You need to select the active domain after clicking on my link to get to the Rules Page. Then check both Page and Redirect Rules for any redirects.

im not seeing any page rules. It says I have 3 Page Rules Left
and one rule to redirect to the old webnode server that I no longer want…
how do I find out the url for my namecheap page?

Please delete the redirect rule you have.

1 Like

ok. done

Perfect, it’s working now.

If you still see the old site, that would be because of a cached redirect. Please try in a private browser window.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!!
looks perfect. thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.