I need to be able to set the root NS records for my domain

I just recently transferred my domains to cloudflare. One of them has its root DNS managed from within google cloud (I use deployment templates) for an application ecosystem.

How do I tell cloudflare to defer to my google cloud DNS nameservers instead of cloudflare? This has to be possible, every other DNS provider offers it.

If you want to delegate your domain to other name servers, then the domain must be transferred out of Cloudflare first.

6.1 Nameservers. Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

7.2 nameservers

Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

3 Likes

It’s not really helpful to me at this point. Burying a limitation in terms and then throwing them in my face isn’t helpful either.

It’s an easy mistake to assume cloudflare would have this basic functionality. I’d like to request it as a feature.

You asked how to make the change. @DarkDeviL told you how (by transferring to another registrar) and told you why (pointing to Cloudflare’s shitty ToS).

Can you help us understand how we might have explained the problem in. Manner which didn’t make you feel something was being thrown in your face?

1 Like

How exactly is downvoting the awful truth, just because you don’t like it, … being helpful to you in any way?

1. I didn’t bury it there.

2. I didn’t say I were proud of it?

3. I didn’t at all attempt to “throw them in your face” either.

I simply just tried to provide the information, in a helpful and kind way, to let you understand that it wasn’t possible.

If there is actually something about my wording or otherwise, that you could point to, which were upsetting you, and which could have been improved from my end, I’m all ears.

:+1:

1 Like

Oh, it’s not buried. It’s right there when you go through the domain registration process:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.