I need help with SSL Certificate

I applied for an SSL certificate and updated the nameservers, but it’s still not active. What am I doing wrong?

Note: My domain is registered with GoDaddy, and hosting is with another company, while SSL is through Cloudflare. Could the issue be because there are nameservers from two different companies?

If that’s what you’ve done, then yes. You must only have the 2 Cloudflare nameservers set at Godaddy for your domain.

If still having problems after that, what is the domain?

Using Cloudflare to give SSL for an origin server that doesn’t use SSL is not recommended. It means your traffic is not encrypted between Cloudflare and your server, exposing your and your users’ data; your users won’t know you are doing this as they will see https used in their browser, not realising that their data is not encrypted end-to-end.

It is recommended to enable SSL on your server using a certificate from a trusted CA such as LetsEncrypt, or a Cloudflare origin certificate to ensure data is fully encrypted and secured.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.