I Need Help Canceling Cloudflare and Getting Domain Back

Hello.Hello. I would like to cancel my entire Cloudflare subscription. The only options given is to downgrade to the free plan. I would like to have my domain transferred back to Godaddy and the information provided has not been sufficient. I have been trying to resolve this issue for 2 weeks under various ticket numbers.

Please help! Please help! Please help!

Thank you.

Please post your domain and your ticket numbers here and we can try and escalate/help.

Are you using Cloudflare Registrar?

Here is the most recent ticket number:

Here is another:

Are you?

If you aren’t, just transfer the nameservers at your registrar to someone else & that’s it.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing your ticket numbers here with us.

We’ve escalated this issue.

Kindly and patiently wait for a reply.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean. Technology is not my forte. How do I do that

What’s the domain name?

2 Likes

Hi @user84011 there is no domain to do that, a whois on your domain shows

Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: https://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2022-07-18T15:27:54Z
Creation Date: 2022-07-18T15:27:53Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2023-07-18T15:27:53Z
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC

Godaddy is the registrar, your nameservers are set to Cloudflare. If you login at godaddy, you can change those to the default gd nameservers (they’ll tell you if you do not know what those were/are).

They are merged now, but a ticket is not necessary, changing nameservers is something you need to do.

You should do that before you change the nameservers. Downgrading to the free plan is sufficient. Goto the overview page, on the right click change
Screen Shot 2022-08-12 at 9.51.54 AM

-or-
goto the Manage Account, Billing option on the left and select Subscriptions → edit option and select the free plan. You end up on that same plan select using either method but noting them both here for future reference.

After you downgrade to free, you may want to look at and make note of the DNS records in Cloudflare, specifically the MX and srv records to ensure you can recreate those if you need, then login at godaddy and change the nameservers. It will take about 24 hours for that change to propagate.

I noted two tickets, one from a few hours ago and one from earlier this week, but no others. Was there an underlying issue that you were trying to address? If so, I’d like to note it on your ticket.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.