I need DNS records deleted that I did not add and am not able to see on my account

I am working on setting up a shopify account and connecting my domain. There are DNS records that apparently were automatically set and I cannot see them or delete them but they are there on the backend somehow. These extra records are conflicting with the correct ones that i did enter. How do I delete the incorrect ones if i cannot see them?

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Could you please give us some more details to work with?

Include With Every Post

1. The name of the domain about which you’re posting, your interest; visitor, owner, vendor, etc.
  2. Expected results & actual results? What did you expect to happen and what is actually happening?
  3. Steps you’ve taken to fix it. What CommunityTips, ExpertTips, videos, directions, instructions, and advice you’ve followed to try & fix the issue?
  4. Screen shot of the problem.
  5. Specific error message & error code/number you’re seeing.
  6. If you contact Cloudflare Customer Support, please share the ticket number, we’ll share details from your Community post with Support.

My domain is www.reddirtroasters.com

I am trying to connect it to my shopify account.

When I search www.reddirtroasters.com on google or anywhere, it doesnt show my shop, it simply shows blank squares where the pictures and text should be. I believe that the problem is that there are already records set up on the backend that I am not able to see or delete, and they are conflicting with the ones I have from shopify.

These are the records that I am not able to see on my CLoudflare dashboard that need to be deleted.
Screenshot 2024-05-24 144015

Can you please advise me on how to fix this problem? Thanks!

These are the records that I have from shopify that should correctly link my domain to my store.

Those are Cloudflare IP addresses because your DNS records are proxied (*).

As you are using Shopify (which itself uses Cloudflare), you need to change that AAAA record from “Proxied” to “DNS only”.

(*) See here…

Thanks for your reply. So that change alone should resolve my problem?

and will I need to change anything on shopify or will the change automatically happen there as well? This is all very new to me. :slight_smile: