I moved my store from Shopify to WooCommerce. Current nameservers have started pointing back to Shopify today after working correctly for few days

I moved my store from Shopify to WooCommerce. Current nameservers have started pointing back to Shopify today after working correctly for few days…

Hi there,

If you are able to share the domain name, we can take a look to see if we can see something obvious.

You mention the nameservers have moved back - normally the nameservers you use are controlled at the registrar level, not Cloudflare. I do not believe Shopify have their own authoritative DNS, but could be wrong on this.

I suspect you mean your DNS records or your website content has reverted back to displaying Shopify content. I’m also assuming you are managing your DNS records through Cloudflare?

My initial thought is this could be related to Cloudflare for SaaS - and some previous configuration on Shopify has reactivated and so requests are being processed back through Shopify’s zone on Cloudflare - Shopify | Provider guides · Cloudflare for Platforms docs

You could reach out to Shopify to ensure that your custom hostname for your domain on their platform is completed related.

Hope this helps!

Hi Damian,

Thank you for the response. Yes the website content has reverted back to displaying Shopify. Domain is apnidukan.pk.

WooCommerce store will probably start displaying contents again if I remove the CF’s nameservers from the domain’s settings.

Moreover, I believe earlier this domain was added to another CF account and was connected to Shopify. Now I have added it to a different CF account, my question is if the assigned nameservers are same or different in both accounts? I have just got deleted the domain from previous account of the cloudflare just in case, so may be in 24 hours it will again start displaying new content.

Hi,

You are not able to have a zone that has the same nameservers in two separate accounts, each account gets a unique set of nameservers - its how Cloudflare decides which account a zone should be active in.

However, you were using Shopify, so which uses Cloudflare for SaaS - so there could have been a custom hostname configured on their zone that was taking ‘ownership’ of the request. You can read more about this here.

If I browse to the site, now everything looks to be in order - this is what I’m seeing, is this the correct site: