I moved from Siteground to WPEngine but my DNS in Cloudflare still claims I am on siteground. How can I resolve that?

Hi,

I run a food blog (delscookingtwist.com) which was previously hosted on siteground and leveraged the integration between Siteground and Cloudflare’s basic (free) offering.

I bought my domain name from a different registrar (domainnameshop) which lets me control A records and CNAME records.

Since, I moved to WPEngine. However, when I log into Cloudflare, it still claims:

Partner hosted zone
Your DNS zone file is hosted by SiteGround.com , a Cloudflare partner. Manage your DNS records at their website.

My DNS records (A records and CNAME) are - as previously mentioned - still hosted with domainnameshop. It’s not currently using Cloudflare because I was afraid terminating siteground would also terminate cloudflare. How do I get cloudflare to realize / recognize I’m no longer with siteground?

Thanks everyone

You’d need to disable the Cloudflare integration on Siteground.

Hi Sandro,

Thanks for getting back to me. I actually did do that before resigning / terminating my account with siteground. I checked with Siteground and they claim everything is correctly terminated on their end. So I suspect there is a flag on cloudflare’s side that claims the DNS records are with them.

Note that the DNS records were never with Siteground - only other parameters (such as caching behavior, etc).

Thanks

You mean you always had them point to Cloudflare? That would suggest a full setup and not a partial/partner setup, which setups via Siteground usually are. How did you originally sign up for Cloudflare? Directly or via Siteground?

I guess at this point you can only contact Cloudflare’s support.

Hi Sandro, all,

You guessed right: I have my DNS records with domainnameshop and had configured them to go via Cloudflare. I removed that indirection just in case they would stop working when I terminated siteground.

How did you originally sign up for Cloudflare? Directly or via Siteground?

Via Siteground.

I guess at this point you can only contact Cloudflare’s support.

That’s right. How would I do that? I know this sounds like a noob question but all I was able to find was the community portal.

But then you were on a partner setup, which would mean you were using their nameservers instead of Cloudflare’s. Right?

https://support.cloudflare.com/requests/new, at the very bottom

But then you were on a partner setup, which would mean you were using their nameservers instead of Cloudflare’s. Right?

I was using domainnameshop’s DNS servers. I was NOT using Cloudflare’s. That’s what’s saving me right now because there is no adverse effect to this situation at the moment other than the fact I cannot see what DNS parameters there might be in Cloudflare.

Ultimately I may well want to move from domainnameshop as a registrar to Cloudflare as a registrar and have everything in a single place.

Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.