I just transferred site to Cloudfare DNS and site is offline now

so as the title says, I transferred my nameservers to point to cloudfare and can’t figure out why my site is offline now.

I added the CNAMES to the dns which point to my hosting service which is EasyWP.

My site gives me this issue when i try loading it though:

Please any help make it in simple english… I am not a web developer so many of this is unfamiliar to me. I just want my website to be online again. thank you

Consider reading

1 Like

go to that screen :point_up_2: and click the :grey: by the CNAME records to change them to :orange:

1 Like

My hosting service said specifically to turn proxies off.

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your domain.

Kindly, may I suggest looking into below article for more information about why this error happens and how to trobleshoot:

I wonder why, except the SSL certificate renewing process/period or maybe they might be blocking some of the Cloudflare connections, if so.

Works fine from my end, over HTTPS. SSL certificate is valid until Jan 14, 2023.

Both timepieceape.io and www.timepieceape.io → no redirection in between them.

Try to switch them to :orange: as already suggested and make sure SSL/TLS option is set to Full (Strict) SSL at the SSL/TLS tab of Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name as far as it’s provided by the Sectigo and valid one.

DNSSEC status is good, not being in use so far.

Cloudflare nameservers are set correctly for domain:

;QUESTION
timepieceape.io. IN NS
;ANSWER
timepieceape.io. 21600 IN NS jeremy.ns.cloudflare.com.
timepieceape.io. 21600 IN NS kara.ns.cloudflare.com.

2 Likes

Just did this, ill be waiting a little to see if it works on my end. thank you

If you recently changed your domain nameservers, usually the DNS propagation process could take up to 24 hours, but sometimes it takes a bit longer like 48 or 72 hours to fully propagate due to the DNS cache at our local ISP providers.

May I ask have you tried using a different Web browser, or tried clearing your Web browser cache?
How about using a Private window (Incognito mode) or a VPN connection if possible?
Is it the same behaviour on your mobile phone (4G LTE, mobile data, cellular)?

True, as stated in article, but only until the domain/EasyWP connection isn’t made.

Upon successful connection, you are free to switch to proxy :orange: mode as already advised in above posts :wink:

Therefore, if the domain name got connected with the EasyWP instance, it is fine to change the proxy status of DNS A or CNAME records back to “Proxied”.

1 Like

Yep, just talked with my hosting provider, they told me everything is set up correctly. Just have to wait 24-48hours for it to propagate. Thank you for all the help :slight_smile:

The site works on a proxy server, so i just have to wait at this point I believe.

thanks

2 Likes

Thank you for feedback.

In case if any other error pop-up, feel free to reply back or open a new topic so we could resolve it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.