I have problems adding my domain .eg

When I try to add my site to cloud flare I got the error of

XXX.eg not a registered domain

I dont know how to solve such problem please

.eg not a registered domain

I have the same problem

I flagged your post for the team and noticed your ticket with Support. I don’t see a whois for the .eg domain (I can verify whois worked for a .eg zone as recently as a month ago but the zone needed to be added manually nonetheless.

I checked whois for my domain and i got an error :

We are unable to perform a lookup for .eg . It appears to be an invalid or unsupported domain.

Hey @user9531,

Per the article shared above by @sdayman, I can see that your domain does not have any resolvable name servers:

dig XXX.eg NS

; <<>> DiG 9.10.6 <<>> XXX.eg NS
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 39552
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 1232
; OPT=15: 00 16 ("..")
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;XXX.eg.				IN	NS

Quick Fix Ideas

1. The domain does not return valid name servers. In order to add a domain to Cloudflare, the domain must first be delegated to valid nameservers. Either park the domain using the registrars default nameservers or delegate to a third party DNS provider temporarily. Either action will allow you to add the domain.

Can you try the suggestion above? Once you add name servers to your domain, you can use the dig XXX.eg NS command to confirm if the name servers resolve.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.