I have change the A record to point to my new hosting but now I have 2 IPs showing up and the website still points to the old hosting

Hello! I have changed the A record to point to my new hosting but now I have 2 IPs showing up and the website still points to the old hosting. The changes were made last weekend (6/August/2021)

DNS on Cloudflare

I already clear the cache on Cloudflare, but that didn’t solve it ¡Please help!

1 Like

Propagated DNS

1 Like

Is this the old site?

1 Like

¡yes!

1 Like

That’s the same site as your DNS is pointed to.

1 Like

Yes! thats the problem, in my cloudflare DNS I only have one A record (172.67.149.162 - new hosting), but if I do a lookup for the domain it shows two A record, the one of the old hosting (104.21.95.238) and the new one, so in the past days sometimes it loads from the new hosting and sometime from the old one

1 Like

Those are both Cloudflare IP addresses. These are not your host’s IP addresses. There are supposed to be two for redundancy, and they both proxy the same origin server.

2 Likes

oh ok thanks! I thought something was stuck in the propagation or was some kind of cache in Cloudflare, I know that both IPs are from Cloudflare but before I changed the A record there was only one (104.21.95.238)

1 Like

As you can see from the historical data, that hostname has had two IP addresses for the past seven months.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.