I get an SSL error on a subdomain of a subdomain on all browsers

Hi,
I am using Mailgun and I receive this error (ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH) when user tries to unsubscribe. An example of a link is here:
https://email.mg.fyrebox.com/u/eJwdzDEOwyAMQNHThBHZYGgYGEqVg5gCqaWSSChDe_umWb70l1diuaEnJdGAASD06MCC06hTSgThfDs_lrSEiaCvun1HzftHP_euXtGiq2w9lkCh8OyqM74Vyrlm_kNqRBmy8ZXGWXg7mbWzvC_hiJO5_wAhCCYX

I have uploaded my own Wildcard SSL certificate on Cloudflare and added rules to turn the SSL on the subdomain as shown below:

I have also set up the CNAME as shown below:

But nothing works. I have tried on multiple browsers to make sure the DNS wasn’t cached.

Does anybody have any clues why it is not working? I don’t my users to report me as spam.
Thanks!

Does your wildcard certificate cover *.*.example.com? Most wildcard certs only cover the first level subdomains.

If you’ve enabled Always Use HTTPS in SSL/TLS -> Edge Certificates, Cloudflare will redirect to HTTPS before Page Rules kick in.

You were right, my SSL was only covering one level subdomain. I turned off Always use HTTPs and it worked instantly.
Thanks a lot for your quick response,
Cyril

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.