I don't not know how to fill in new NS records

Hi,
I moved my site hamburgoapie.de to cloudflare. It is working fine so far. But there was a subdomain freetour.hamburgoapie.de which is not pointing to any website right now. I read that NS records must be added. I am not sure what to do. In the explanation it says: 1. Create NS records for the subdomain. For example: internal.example.com NS ns1.externalhost.com internal.example.com NS ns2.externalhost.com internal.example.com NS ns3.externalhost.com type: embedded-entry-inline id: 3hNGPhndE5l5ywvPP72mcO
I found only NS (not NS1 nor 2) and I made it like this:

Oops, I don not know if you can see the image. just in case that not. In the first box I selected NS, second box I put freetour third box: ns1.w00dabeb.kasserver.comfreetour.hamburgoapie.de and the box TTL I left to Auto. I guess that it is not working like that and it is my mistake, but the subdomain is not working. Can you help. Tell me if you need more information. I am new in this

You typically don’t need NS records for subdomains. It should also work if you add DNS “A” or CNAME records for it that match what would be at that other NS.

Currently, I can not see NS records for the freetour subdomain. The values you have in your screenshot look incorrect, as if you pasted extra text after the .com of the external name servers.

Thank you for answering sdayman, is it possible to guide me to create a corract “A” or CNAME record for the page, telling me where to put what? I really would appreciate

KAS Server doesn’t have any documentation I can find, but if there’s a DNS settings page, that’s the place to start. That should tell you the actual DNS records you would need here.

Are you sure those ns1-3 are valid name servers? I can’t query them for DNS records.

Sorry, HAS Server is in german. There no DNS for freetour.hamburgoapie.de only for “hamburgoapie.de”:

Attention: Our name servers are not stored for the domain hamburgoapie.de, so changes made here will not take effect!

Create new DNS entryCreate new DNS entry

Name

Type

Data

Action

A

Edit

A

Edit Delete

MX 10

w00dabeb.kasserver.com.

Edit Delete

NS

a-dns-service.com.

Edit

NS

ns3.kas-dns-server.de.

Edit

NS

ns5.kasserver.com.

Edit

NS

ns6.kasserver.com.

Edit

kas202005251004._domainkey

TXT

v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQ…

Edit Delete

Back to DNS overview

Export as BIND Zonefile Reset Zone History

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

hamburgoapie.de !drake.ns.cloudflare.com
ollie.ns.cloudflare.com!

No, I am pretty they are not. I am a very beginner and I tried to do what the explanations said, but I guessed that it is wrong

The entries mentioned above are not from HAS but from KAS. Right now I redirect the freetour.hamburgoapie.de to hamburgoapie.de and that worked at least, so the site is not down. But I would like to resolve it. Either over CDN to hamburgoapie.de or to leave it in all-inkl.com. Could anybody guide me (best would be step by step)?

I have got few Websites that use only E-mail on kasserver domain.

For the subdomain, if you know the IP of the kasserver provided in their interface, great.
If not, you go with CNAME - which I do not prefer.
Moreover, have a sub-domain created at allinkl interface and working.

Regarding the MX records, yourdomain.com and then value w00dabeb.kasserver.com.
Also, make a CNAME record mail.yourdomain.com to point to w00dabeb.kasserver.com - again, if you do not know the IP or it changes frequently, else use IP address.

For DKIM as TXT record, generate one on the allinkl interface, and you would have something like kas012345678901._domainkey.yourdomain.com with the value as provied in their interface.

As far as I used and know, no need to add NS records in the Cloudflare DNS dashboard to make it work.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.