I do not want to change my nameservers to Cloudflare

I do not want to change my nameservers to Cloudflare.

If you for some reason cannot delegate the root domain to Cloudflare, the other option you would have, would be by using a Partial setup:

1 Like

Hello “Dark Devil”,

The partial setup will not work for free membership on Cloudflare. I am on the free plan.

Moreover, I am not interested in allowing Cloudflare to impose its rules on me. I also find the Cloudflare “service” to be useless for a person like me because I have paid for my hosting and was never involved with Cloudflare directly. Cloudflare does not have any telephone support and I cannot trust the company.

All I know is that Cloudflare is forcing me to renew my SSL certificate every 3 months. I will do this and want to know how I can be rid of the Cloudflare interference in my private domain.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Dr. Mathews K. George

[P.D.F, Ph. D. (Communications Engineering), M. Sc. (Engineering), M. Sc. (Applied Mathematics)]

If you don’t want to use Cloudflare, then don’t use Cloudflare.

That’s not rocket science.

6 Likes

Hello “Laudian”,

I know that the features in Cloudflare are not “rocket science” but they keep imposing on me to change my name servers. What do you call that?

Furthermore, Cloudflare is not having any telephone support because they seem to be hiding from answering questions from people like me. I do not like a company like Cloudflare coming in out of the blue and trying to order me around with their messages.

Can you suggest a way for me to completely cut off from Cloudflare? If you can answer this question, I believe that I will free of the Cloudflare nuisance.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Dr. Mathews K. George

[P.D.F, Ph. D. (Communications Engineering), M. Sc. (Engineering), M. Sc. (Applied Mathematics)]

Is a Cloudflare employee holding you at gunpoint or how are they imposing on you?

You expect phone support as a non-paying customer? If you do the math on that, you should come to the conclusion that your expectations are very unrealistic.

Imagine you don’t want to buy a Mercedes. In that case, I really suggest you don’t go into a Mercedes dealership and buy a Mercedes.
Similarly, if you don’t want to use Cloudflare, I recommend you don’t visit the Cloudflare website and register for an account.

Cloudflare only asks you to change your nameservers after you created a Cloudflare account, so something must have gone wrong in the previous step (i.e., not creating a Cloudflare account).
Unless a Cloudflare employee created an account for you and is actually holding you at gun point to force you to change your nameservers, which I somehow doubt.

If you delete that account, you are successfully free of Cloudflare:

2 Likes

Hello “Laudian”,

Let me answer all your points in a pellucid manner. Please see the responses inline (shown below).

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Dr. Mathews K. George

On the link @Laudian shared above, there is a list of mandatory steps under:

Prerequisites

It could sound like you may not have followed that list 100%, such as e.g. by removing all your domains from the account before attempting to delete the account.

1 Like

Hey there!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you’re encountering with Cloudflare on your website.

Cloudflare is not having any telephone support because they seem to be hiding from answering questions from people like me.

We’d be glad to answer any questions you may have, though telephone support is only available for Enterprise plans. Our support coverage is detailed here:

3-Month SSL Renewal is common practice among SSL providers. For the website in question, it’s using Let’s Encrypt for SSL, where three-months is the only option. However, the renewal process should be automatic, and require no user intervention on your part.

As far as Cloudflare’s involvement, your web host has chosen to use Cloudflare to proxy traffic for websites hosted by them. They may have options to bypass Cloudflare and connect direct to the origin, but you would have to ask your host what your options are.

If you’re facing any configuration issues, please reach out to your hosting provider to resolve anything that’s not working as expected, or ask here, as we may be able to answer them as well.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance, and we will be glad to follow up.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.