I deleted my website on cloudflare without disabling DNSSEC

Hello,

I deleted my website on Cloudflare without disabling DNSSEC, after that I added it again using terraform, now it has different nameservers than the old ones, as in the image and I can’t update it, when I go to manage the domain, the screen displays a 403 error and quickly redirects me to the dashboard home.

I read here that this could be related to not having disabled DNSSEC before deleting the site, now it gets stuck, is there any way for me to resolve this or is it only with Cloudflare support?

Old nameservers:

• aiden.ns.cloudflare.com
  • brenda.ns.cloudflare.com

New name servers:

• barbara.ns.cloudflare.com
  • jermaine.ns.cloudflare.com

Thanks

If Cloudflare is your registrar, you should open a registrar ticket because nothing will work until you fix that. If you chose any other registrar you should delate the DNSSE related entries with them before adding the site to Cloudflare.

Terraform won’t delete an existing site so there’s a missing intermediary step or terraform is configured for the wrong account.

3 Likes

Hi @nobodylikeops

The issue should be resolved now as the domain is active in the account.

2 Likes

Yes, the registrar is Cloudflare, I don’t know what they did, but it solved it.

Just to be careful I’m going to use a data and not a resource in Terraform this time

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, it was resolved, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Registrar team can force set the nameservers, I did not check but guess that was their solution.

2 Likes

Thanks for information! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.