I can't send any emails

I can’t send any emails from my website antfungames.com using the zoho email address. I have set up SPF and tried different things about it. I have also add this value: php_value sendmail_from on my .htaccess file

1. What specific error message are you seeing when you send an email?

2. What Zoho email product are you using? Zoho Mail? ZeptoMail? And if you’re using Zoho Mail, are you on a free or paid plan? (NB: the free plan doesn’t support POP/IMAP/SMTP at all)

3. You have a WordPress site. What SMTP plugin are you using (this is not a built-in WordPress feature)?

2 Likes
  1. I am using the MailMint Wordpress plugin which I set up to send from my [email protected]. I have Automation there, but not even the Send Test Email functionality is working.
  2. I am using Zoho Mail free version. I have also set up my hosting provider (Hetzner) to allow emails (Active Mail Server). I have also set up my [DKIM / SPF / DMARC].
  3. I get several errors on my Hetzner logs:

CV=yes: SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined sending data block: 550-Verification failed for \n550-Unrouteable address\n550 Sender verify failed

CV=yes: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:[email protected]: 550 Unrouteable address

! 2024-05-28 21:33:53 U=massagvvj Information: outgoing score 0: score_stats_deviation +0.00

2024-05-28 23:40:03 ![Error message] X=TLS1.3:TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384:256 CV=no rejected MAIL [email protected]: Sender verify failed

The search results I encountered suggest that will not do anything useful.

MailMint is not an SMTP plugin. That means that you may be using the php mail() function if you have no SMTP plugin. If the SMTP daemon on your webhost is not configured to allow you to send email it won’t work.

You have some cleanup that you should do to your SPF record.

1. The a mechanism should be removed because your domain name is proxied and those IPs will never be sending email for your domain.
  2. The ptr mechanism was deprecated a long time ago and should not be used.
  3. The mx mechanism is not needed as you already have the required Zoho include mechanisms.
  4. You have three ip4 mechanisms. Do those addresses belong to hosts (servers) that will send email on your behalf? Keep any where the answer is yes. Remove any that are not mailservers sending on your behalf.

Hello epic.network,
thanks for your answer, I only changed those today, I thought they would help.
I removed them again.

1 Like

Your SPF record looks better, but those two IPs beginning with 188 are Cloudflare proxy IPs. Those will never send any email on behalf of your domain and should also be removed as they serve no purpose other than to unnecessarily clutter your record.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.