I cannot get into my Cloudflare account

I CANNOT get into my Cloudflare account. The person who managed this account left the company. When I try to reset the account, the reset info goes into vapor-land. The guy’s email address no longer exists and his password is deactivated. So there is no way for me to get access to the account. Please advise. Thanks.

If at all possible, it would be worth setting up the email again in order to reset the password. The only other option is to add the zone (domain/site) to the account you are using here and change the nameservers at your domain registrar. By moving the domain, you’ll need to recreate any DNS records and account settings (firewall, rules, et al).

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I do not have the email or the password. I only have the url. That’s the issue. The dude left without leaving his information. I know the company name and info, the url, phone number etc, person’s name etc.

There has gotta be a way to get back into the account.

Unfortunately, if you cannot access the old account you don’t have any alternative but to move the domain into an account you can access & control.

Is there anyway you can help us identify the email associate with this account?

We have security measures in place to protect you. I know that can be a pain, but it prevents bad actors from coming up and claiming a domain in my account belongs to them and prevents me from taking over an account that belongs to someone else. If you go here, https://dash.cloudflare.com/forgot-email and complete the form, it will kick off an email to the account holder. If that goes to your mail server (to an account that has been removed) you may be able to recover the email from your server. If it goes to an active account the person is still using maybe it will jog them to get in touch with the login information.

Let us know if you have success with this. Or, if you want to move the domain to a different account we can assist with that and the re-setup.

1 Like

Thanks. We tried this a couple of times and our IT team monitored our email server across all email accounts. No luck. So I guess we have to go to plan B. Let’s move the domain. What do we do next? Copied my IT expert, Jody, on this email.

Basically follow this guida :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Take note of the existing configs, create a new account, you will be assigned new name servers at that time you duplicate the zone, by moving the name servers as directed at your domain registrar you authorize the needed change.