I can’t reach and use 1.1.1.1

Hi, I can’t seem to use 1.1.1.1, but 1.0.0.1 seems fine. I also can’t reach the 1.1.1.1 website. I reached out to my ISP (Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company) but they say there’s nothing wrong on their end. Idk if it’s true or they’re just too lazy to check. I hope you guys can help. Thank you

I did traceroute on my router:

traceroute to 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 0.696 ms 0.605 ms 0.612 ms
2 100.76.0.1 (100.76.0.1) 10.523 ms 16.448 ms 10.625 ms
3 122.2.206.98.static.pldt.net (122.2.206.98) 11.523 ms 11.717 ms 11.707 ms
4 122.2.174.90.static.pldt.net (122.2.174.90) 12.358 ms 18.312 ms 7.585 ms
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * * *
28 * * *
29 * * *
30 * * *

https://one.one.one.one/help#eyJpc0NmIjoiWWVzIiwiaXNEb3QiOiJZZXMiLCJpc0RvaCI6Ik5vIiwicmVzb2x2ZXJJcC0xLjEuMS4xIjoiTm8iLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTEuMC4wLjEiOiJZZXMiLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTI2MDY6NDcwMDo0NzAwOjoxMTExIjoiTm8iLCJyZXNvbHZlcklwLTI2MDY6NDcwMDo0NzAwOjoxMDAxIjoiTm8iLCJkYXRhY2VudGVyTG9jYXRpb24iOiJIS0ciLCJpc1dhcnAiOiJObyIsImlzcE5hbWUiOiJDbG91ZGZsYXJlIiwiaXNwQXNuIjoiMTMzMzUifQ==

1 Like

Can you post the output of these commands?

traceroute 1.0.0.1
traceroute 8.8.8.8

Contact your internet provider that they are misusing 1.1.1.1 as internal IP address. They are probably using Cisco hardware.

Traceroute 8.8.8.8

traceroute to 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 0.779 ms 0.737 ms 0.768 ms
2 100.90.0.1 (100.90.0.1) 16.015 ms 16.024 ms 16.338 ms
3 122.2.206.98.static.pldt.net (122.2.206.98) 11.083 ms 11.811 ms 6.269 ms
4 210.213.134.138.static.pldt.net (210.213.134.138) 31.974 ms 32.131 ms 32.312 ms
5 210.213.134.150.static.pldt.net (210.213.134.150) 44.384 ms 44.323 ms 44.689 ms
6 72.14.198.124 (72.14.198.124) 45.646 ms 49.369 ms 72.14.195.168 (72.14.195.168) 48.484 ms
7 * * *
8 142.250.230.198 (142.250.230.198) 45.686 ms dns.google (8.8.8.8) 49.491 ms 49.382 ms

Traceroute 1.1.1.1

traceroute to 1.1.1.1 (1.1.1.1), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 0.516 ms 0.450 ms 0.463 ms
2 100.90.0.1 (100.90.0.1) 10.538 ms 15.709 ms 10.639 ms
3 122.2.206.94.static.pldt.net (122.2.206.94) 10.715 ms 5.949 ms 5.928 ms
4 122.2.174.86.static.pldt.net (122.2.174.86) 38.065 ms 38.102 ms 12.552 ms
5 * * *
6 * * *
7 * * *
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *
11 * * *
12 * * *
13 * * *
14 * * *
15 * * *
16 * * *
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * * *
28 * * *
29 * * *
30 * * *

I only have this problem on 1.1.1.2, 1.0.0.1 is working fine.

This is not the command I asked. You need to post the output of the two commands I posted.

But it’s most likely that your ISP is hijacking the address and you will need to contact them to clarify that. Cloudflare can’t fix that.

Oh sorry, Is this the right one?

Tracing route to dns.google [8.8.8.8]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms RT-AX55-B2F8.castle.tac.ph [192.168.50.1]
2 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
3 14 ms 11 ms 10 ms 100.90.0.1
4 6 ms 5 ms 5 ms 122.2.206.98.static.pldt.net [122.2.206.98]
5 26 ms 26 ms 26 ms 210.213.134.138.static.pldt.net [210.213.134.138]
6 38 ms 37 ms 37 ms 210.213.134.150.static.pldt.net [210.213.134.150]
7 44 ms 43 ms 43 ms 72.14.198.124
8 43 ms 43 ms 42 ms 209.85.244.77
9 38 ms 38 ms 38 ms 66.249.95.129
10 44 ms 44 ms 44 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]

Tracing route to one.one.one.one [1.0.0.1]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms RT-AX55-B2F8.castle.tac.ph [192.168.50.1]
2 2 ms 1 ms 2 ms 192.168.1.1
3 16 ms 16 ms 16 ms 100.90.0.1
4 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms 122.2.206.98.static.pldt.net [122.2.206.98]
5 39 ms 39 ms 37 ms 210.213.134.138.static.pldt.net [210.213.134.138]
6 43 ms 43 ms 43 ms 210.213.134.150.static.pldt.net [210.213.134.150]
7 55 ms 54 ms 54 ms ix-be-41-100.ecore1.hk2-hongkong.as6453.net [116.0.93.134]
8 51 ms 50 ms 50 ms if-ae-45-2.tcore2.hk2-hongkong.as6453.net [180.87.168.6]
9 55 ms 55 ms 54 ms if-ae-28-2.thar1.h81-hongkong.as6453.net [180.87.162.26]
10 49 ms 49 ms 49 ms 180.87.162.18
11 51 ms 50 ms 50 ms one.one.one.one [1.0.0.1]

It is and that output shows that your route to 1.1.1.1 is most likely already stopped within your ISP’s network and you, as I mentioned earlier, your best option is to contact them and provide the two different traceroutes. They are simply not routing 1.1.1.1 properly.

Thank you very much for the help.