I can not disable ipv6

network

Hello.
For my website to work, I need to disable ipv6, I did it through api, but the site is still available via ipv6

0 Likes

What do you mean you cant disable it? Did the API call not succeed? What response did you get? Can you post the domain in question?

0 Likes

Disabling IPv6 support disables automatic advertisement of an IPv6 address for A records. If you explicitly create a AAAA record for a host we’re still going to resolve it. If you don’t want an AAAA record for a host, don’t create it.

0 Likes

I use an ipv6 server because it costs less. I want to use cloudflare as a gateway to ipv4 for clients.

0 Likes

Ok, I’m unclear what the problem you are having is. Why do you need to disable IPv6 for your website to work?

0 Likes

Fair enough, but same question, why do you need to disable IPv6 for that? Cloudflare offers IPv4 addresses anyhow.

0 Likes

Through ipv6 sending is a huge amount of spam through tor or very cheap ipv6 proxy, which are not affected by the filters ipqualityscore, dnsbl.info and others.
If I forbid sending messages via ipv6 completely, then honest users will suffer. If I disable dns AAAA recording, then everything will work through ipv4

0 Likes

Do I get this right, you want the connection between your server and Cloudflare to be IPv6 but everything else IPv4?

0 Likes

Yes it is.

0 Likes

Simple, you set up your AAAA records on Cloudflare and disable the IPv6 proxy addresses through the API.

0 Likes

Yes it is.

0 Likes

It is? So your setup is working the way you want it to?

0 Likes

No. Need disable cloudflare AAAA record without remove ipv6 server addresses. My server ipv6 only.

such as here
cf2

0 Likes

I am not sure what you are trying to say. Just follow the steps I posted earlier.

0 Likes

I am from another country and do not know English.

0 Likes

That is what I addressed earlier. Disable IPv6 on Cloudflare’s side.

0 Likes

enabled and disabled again

0 Likes

In this case I’d open a support ticket. Disabling it should remove the IPv6 records.

0 Likes