I am using subdomain for my website and it's not stable

Hi there,
Firstly, I used Cloudflare on a static website to boost the performance and the page speed and it works perfectly.
Now, I have a larger eCommerce website that uses the subdomain mainly and the main domain is disabled. When I tried to setup Cloudflare DNS the main domain start working and the subdomain is not working!! after I add the subdomain as a CANME in the DNS sitting both main and sub start to work!! in this point I decided to return to my old NS to keep everything running.

I am using Wordpress and WooCommerce and the website is getting slower by time. After the service activated as I mentioned above the performance didn’t change at all and sometimes it becomes not available !! is there a limitation for Woocommerce and how can I use it properly

0 Likes

Can you post a screenshot of the DNS records you set up to try and get the subdomain working?

You should check with your host what the record should be.

0 Likes

right now Cloudflare is paused

0 Likes

I take it the subdomain you want to create is dr?

If you do, try deleting the CNAME and creating an A record for dr pointing to the same IP as the root domain.

If not, check with your host. That would be my best guess though!

1 Like

Thank you,

do you mean creating another A record in Cloudflare DNS? but what about the main domain in the current sitting it will keep working and pointing to the same IP ??

0 Likes

I have just done a lookup on the domain. You should delete the CNAME and create an A record for dr pointing to 199.247.17.172.

Yes, create another A record in Cloudflare DNS. Leave the main domain as it is.

2 Likes

closed #7

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes