I am not able to access any website, all are redirecting to garbage website

i am not able to access any website, all are redirecting to garbage website browserneedupdate.com

Thank you, but please don’t share links to garbage website.

I did a quick :search: on the above and found

Short story if you read the above thread is your account was hacked, log in and remove the page rule that was added.

Next, change your password & API tokens and consider implementing 2FA.

how to remove the page rule. I am not a tech expert, but just a beginner. Pls help me

1 Like

I don’t see any page /redirect rule

1 Like

I also do not see a page rule (could also have been a redirect rule, but there is no redirect rule, either).

Thank you, it seems the bad actors are switching up their approach. I suspect it’s either malware on the origin server. I’d scan the origin for malware and perhaps contact your hosting provider to see if they can determine why the redirect is happening.

At the same time, you should check to see if the value of the DNS A record has the correct IP value. I suspect it does which makes me assume it’s malware on the origin.

1 Like

thanks @cloonan , what should I do now

Looks like all my hard work will be wasted

1 Like

I’d scan your origin server for malware, your hosting provider may be able to assist with that. Click here for a google search about that.

In looking at your dash I don’t see changes to DNS records or rules that would cause this redirect, that’s why I suspect it’s something on the origin.

We’ve seen similar reports of redirects to that site, and other sites. Up to now, we’ve been able to identify the cause of the redirect to be a rule added to the cloudflare dash. With this, I suspect it’s happening outside of cloudflare.

To avoid a similar issue in the future, when you speak with your hosting provider you may want to ask them to assist you in locking down your origin server so that it only accepts traffic from cloudflare, but first things first. And that’s finding the cause of the redirects and stopping them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.