I am having an DNS issue, may someone please hep me?

I am having a problem connecting my g suit to my Cloudflare, may someone help me please ?

Could you be a little more specific? You haven’t provided enough information for anyone to offer much in the way of help.

Hello, thank you for responding. Ok, so when I first set-up my domain, I originally did it through GODaddy. I then changed all my DNS settings to Cloudflare. Now I am trying to activate my G Suite and verify my domain but I keep running into a problem. It is telling me to add an MX file and I am but it is still not connecting. This is preventing me from setting up zoom meetings and getting emails from potential clients. Thank you for your help.

While you have provided more detail, you have still managed to omit the information necessary to help you solve your problem. Until you provide your domain and the records you are supposed to add, the best I can do is share the Cloudflare Community Tutorial on how to add DNS records and the Google support article that explains what MX to create.

Thank you for your response, I do apologize for not providing you with enough information. I am new to this so thank you for your patience with me in advance. To activate my G Suite account , it is telling me to add a MX file that is pointing to a certain link with @ for the Host Record and the priority as 1. Then I am to save that and then add another MX file pointing to another link with the priority as 15. I have added these MX files and waited 72 hours to let the DNS upload fully and then activate the g suite account but this troubleshooting guide is not working for me. Is there anything else that I might need to check before doing this to verify that all files are added that are necessary to get my domain verified?

I am new to this so thank you for your patience with me in advance. To activate my G Suite account , it is telling me to add a MX file that is pointing to a certain link with @ for the Host Record and the priority as 1. Then I am to save that and then add another MX file pointing to another link with the priority as 15. I have added these MX files and waited 72 hours to let the DNS upload fully and then activate the g suite account but this troubleshooting guide is not working for me. Is there anything else that I might need to check before doing this to verify that all files are added that are necessary to get my domain verified?

In order to receive proper assistance, you will need to share your domain name.

I am trying to reply to you my domain name but it is telling me that I can not put the link in the message.

[type or paste code here](http://www.lash-techmarketing.com)

Thanks for sharing your domain name. I hope you find following information useful.

You should start by removing all of those MX records in your Cloudflare DNS .

You have MX records for Google Workspace, Cloudflare Email Routing, and Mailgun. That’s before we mention the mystery one in the mx-verification.google.com subdomain. You cannot have all of that in there if you expect any of it to work.

You need to pick one email service provider and use their MX records and only their MX records. This means that if your business email is going to use Google Workspace, you should add the following:

MX | @ | smtp.google.com | Auto | 1

According to the Google instructions, you may need to add another MX, presumably the mysterious verification record mentioned earlier. This an extremely new process that was not present when I set up a Google Workspace account for a client last month.

Keep the Cloudflare hostnames out of your MX records. You cannot use Cloudflare Email Routing in conjunction with another email service. You are not going to be able to use Mailgun with your apex name, either. Mailgun explains that you cannot use your main domain with them and in your business email at the same time in the following knowledge base article:

Once you have all of that working, you might want to set up Cloudflare DMARC Management.

Thank you so much for explaining.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.