HTTPS is not working on my domain

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?

Have you searched for an answer?
Yes

Please share your search results url:

When you tested your domain, what were the results?
HTTPS is not active

Describe the issue you are having:
I have enabled the ALWAYS use HTTPS feature in the Edge certificate module and I have created a page rule - Always Use HTTPS

What error message or number are you receiving?
HTTPS is not working

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
No

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
YES
Please attach a screenshot of the error:

:point_up_2:

recoverymates dot com

Your site is loading ok for me…
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?2ed1cc45f42e4a47b37483d3394e8047#connection-server

It seems the certificate was only generated a few hours ago so maybe it has only just gone live.

If you still can’t access, try clearing your browser cache or use private/incognito mode to see if you can get it that way.

@user23914, that is an issue.

@sandro can you elaborate, please? Previous websites of mine did not have also SSL certificates but adding them to Cloudflare worked fine.

If your origin server is not using SSL to secure the connection, then you are fooling your site visitors into believing their data is secure when it is not (since users can’t see through the proxy). Using the legacy “Flexible” setting with Cloudflare’s SSL does not secure data between Cloudflare and your origin.

You should set SSL/TLS to “Full (strict)” here…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls
…and ensure SSL is enabled and a valid certificate is deployed on your origin server.

2 Likes

@sjr summarised that perfectly. The bottom line, none of your sites is secure I am afraid

More at Why you should choose Full Strict, and only Full Strict

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.