HTTP requests from WebGazer to Cloudflare are throttled


I am the founder of WebGazer, uptime monitoring and analytics platform. Since yesterday, I have received multiple complaints from my customers that they have been receiving false positives. It took me some time but finally I noticed all of them are using Cloudflare.

For example for a site, the average response time was ~100 ms but since yesterday it has been fluctuating between 100 ms and +10 seconds since yesterday ~10:00 AM. You can see the data on With fluximmo, we tried to whitelist WebGazer’s IP addresses on Cloudflare’s firewall but it didn’t fix anything.

What might be reason for this? Can please someone from Cloudflare help me about this?

It would help if Fluximmo could open a ticket (see info at bottom) to track this down. But from your end, if you do some manual testing, that would help. It sounds like just slow responses (rather than errors). Response headers from Cloudflare include the datacenter the response went through. It’s possible there’s a specific datacenter issue.

An allow list isn’t going to do much, as that’s more about pass/fail for a connection. Yours are just slow. I expect that they’re all HTTP 200 responses. So a customer, like Fluximmo would have to open a ticket to have Support check what’s going on with the connections.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.


Thank you @sdayman, I shared this post with them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.